Instead of making New Years Resolutions for 2019 I’ve decided to try something a little different. Often I complain that I don’t have a balanced life, it feels a bit like juggling and I regularly drop at least one ball. I want to create more balance. I want to feel more relaxed whilst also feeling that everything is under control. Crucially, I want to make time for everything and everyone that is important to me. I know its a big ask but with a little time and careful planning, I hope to prove its possible.
How does it work?
Each month in 2019 I’m going to set myself 5 goals, each for a certain aspect of my life. First I needed to choose those 5 aspects of my life. I wanted 5 areas of my life that by focusing on each of them equally would keep me well rounded and help me achieve a sense of balance. Here are my 5 aspects and what each one means to me.
- Well being Goals and activities that improve my sense of well being. For example, goals focused around routines, yoga, meditation and self care.
- Relationships My friends and family are so important to me. However this section will include meeting new people as well as strengthening the bonds I already have.
- Personal Growth Developing habits or skills that will help me grow as a person.
- Money Unfortunately it does make the world go around. These goals will revolve around budgeting and continuing to save for a house deposit.
- Organisation These goals will focus on organising myself and my time better.
A theme for every month
To plan out my year, I have set a theme for each month. My themes are influenced slightly by the seasons. For example, Spring makes me think of growth and new beginnings, whereas Autumn signifies changes, preparation and reflection. It makes sense to me to a line my goals with seasonal changes, it allows for some variety through the year and will also keep my goals relevant. Thinking of a suitable theme for each month was tough but I’m happy with what I decided on. Click on each month to go to that post.
- January: Fresh start
- February: Making time
- March: Hello Spring
- April: Refresh
- May: Blossom
- June: Explore
- July: Nature
- August: Restore
- September: Reflect
- October: Hygge
- November: Cherish
- December: Festive